• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got My Note 3 Today

Turn off the proximity sensor
Menu>DeviceTab>Call>Uncheck the "Turn off screen during calls" toggle

For all those that are new to Android, and especially the Note series, I'd highly suggest going through every single setting, just to get familiar with what is available with the stock device. It's worth the bit of time it'll take to do that, but after you do, you can really start to enjoying the device to its fullest.

Exactly, I have spent plenty of time just searching through and have found some options through the search that I couldn't find anywhere in the menu list.

Upvote 0
Reviews are saying the external speaker sound quality is sub par and the location at the bottom causes issues with your hand covering in landscape. What say you about these two issues to those who have picked this phone up?

I'm glad to have run across this post again. I, too, read the complaints about sound quality and speaker placement... I don't wanna say this is a high quality speaker on the bottom, but it's as good as what I had on the Galaxy Nexus. It's not gonna rock a party, but it's fine for the odd video or a speakerphone call.

placement isn't a big deal either... I think those who complained about it were really grasping for something to put on the cons list.

Edit **********
Having watched a few videos today, I can say it's a lot louder than what I had on the GNex and only slightly more tinny. Adjust your expectations. It's a tiny little speaker on the bottom of your phone! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones