1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Got my update today.. not bad not great

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ClubSteeler, Apr 21, 2011.

1. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    Woke up to a notification that an update was available. I didn't want to update, but I couldn't resist.

It took less then 5 minutes.

The graphics look better. I do not feel that the phone is faster, although the buttons are more responsive.

Most apps still work fine, but a couple just always crash and I had to reinstall them.

I don't like how they force us to have a 5 digit code to unlock the screen lock.

While testing apps, the phone completely became unresponsive and rebooted just before I got the battery cover off. When it rebooted, I no longer had service. So I rebooted again, and then everything was fine.

The email app, doesn't show me a new message count any more. So when I get an email notification, I can't tell which email account the new message is in.

The "Virgin Mobile" audio sound at boot and shut down is no longer deafening.

Over all, there really is not much difference. I was impressed how all of my settings, apps, widgets, etc.. work as they did. Good job VM on a fairly smooth update.

Advertisement

2. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2010
    I just got my update a little while ago too. But it's not forcing me to use any security code to unlock the screen.

3. deezpac

deezpac Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    i got my update last night and also don't have to enter a 5 digit code to unlock it. i read somewhere that the code may be due to a work email account needing the pass code. i have a microsoft exchange account set up with mine but it may be different depending on your job.

4. ClubSteeler

None

Jan 7, 2011
    I am starting to get hit by the old "unabel to connect to data" problem.

Geesh. Should not have updated. Did the old turn on and off airplane mode to fix it.

Now my facebook apps are not working either.

5. ClubSteeler

None

Jan 7, 2011
    Changed my mind, the update sucks. Should have gone with my hunch and not updated.

Weather Bug app crashes on any button you press.

Facebook says: "Can not load becasue your calls or checkins have exceeded 0 calls in 6000 seconds".

Who knows what other problems I will uncover?

6. robbie82

robbie82 Newbie
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    I got the update this morning had a few minor issues with the update similar to whats mentioned in this thread.

I turned of the phone, removed the battery, waited for about 15 min. Rebooted the phone and any issue I had was gone. E-mail, internet, and everything not only worked, but worked better and faster.

I love the update. I really dont know why so many people are complaining. They probably have too many things installed or running at the same time.