• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got my update today.. not bad not great

ClubSteeler

Jan 7, 2011
Woke up to a notification that an update was available. I didn't want to update, but I couldn't resist.

It took less then 5 minutes.

The graphics look better. I do not feel that the phone is faster, although the buttons are more responsive.

Most apps still work fine, but a couple just always crash and I had to reinstall them.

I don't like how they force us to have a 5 digit code to unlock the screen lock.

While testing apps, the phone completely became unresponsive and rebooted just before I got the battery cover off. When it rebooted, I no longer had service. So I rebooted again, and then everything was fine.

The email app, doesn't show me a new message count any more. So when I get an email notification, I can't tell which email account the new message is in.

The "Virgin Mobile" audio sound at boot and shut down is no longer deafening.

Over all, there really is not much difference. I was impressed how all of my settings, apps, widgets, etc.. work as they did. Good job VM on a fairly smooth update.

I got the update this morning had a few minor issues with the update similar to whats mentioned in this thread.

I turned of the phone, removed the battery, waited for about 15 min. Rebooted the phone and any issue I had was gone. E-mail, internet, and everything not only worked, but worked better and faster.

I love the update. I really dont know why so many people are complaining. They probably have too many things installed or running at the same time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones