1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support GPS after Froyo Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SntaCruz83, Dec 5, 2010.

1. SntaCruz83

SntaCruz83 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    I decided to do a factory reset and clear my SD card before updating to Froyo just to reduce potential conflicts. I never had any issues with my GPS prior to the update and the most I ever waited for a lock was probably about 2 minutes or so. However, after upgrading to Froyo, I have yet to be able to get a GPS lock. I've rebooted my phone a couple times and am thinking I might have to do another hard reset before I let myself get really disappointed. ANyone else in the same boat?

Advertisement

2. Zdidge

Zdidge Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Yup. My GPS is completely hosed now.

3. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Male

Was the update sent to your phone, or did you download it from a website?
    Since I don't think it's been officially released yet, perhaps there is a reason for that. It's not ready for prime time.

Edit: My bad, I see now it's being rolled out.

4. SntaCruz83

SntaCruz83 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    I downloaded the zip to get froyo. Everything was fine with it except for the GPS not working. Anyway, after quite a bit of downloading and using Odin3, I was able to get myself back to DI18...a couple of the md5/tar files didn't work for me for some reason, but I got myself to DG27 and then my phone automatically updated itself over and over until I was back to DI18 and now my GPS is back to working perfectly.

I'm gonna go ahead and wait for the ota update just in case. :)

5. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    My gut feeling is that most of us who experienced the GPS issues initially updated using the Update.zip method in recovery mode. I Odined back to DI18 and used the Odin method to update to DK28 and now my GPS works flawlessly. I have a feeling the .zip method didn't update the modem.

6. Aero1

Aero1 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2010
    they do NOT need to do that in the ota, that was from the use of an old kernal in the beta, no one updating OTYA needs that at all.

Adn the main GPS bug is still on the foryo and now you can't fix it with workarounds