• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS app questions

PattiCakeUS

Android Expert
May 24, 2010
Minneapolis, Minnesota
I bought the Evo Shift a month or two ago and previously had the HTC Hero. On the Hero I used Sprint Navigation and on the Shift, apparently it's now called Telenav. A week or so ago when I opened Telenav, there was a message saying there's an update - but I'm not quite sure how to get it. It asks for my phone maker so I picked HTC, but when it asks me to pick the model - it has Evo (build 6.2) or a bunch of others that don't apply, or Other. Has anyone gotten this update? Maybe this is a dumb question but is the Evo choice the one I want? I did try Other and it said "sorry, your device isn't supported" - but I don't want to pick that Evo option if it's only for the regular Evo and not the Evo Shift.

My other question is regarding Google maps. Is there any way of getting any other voices? On the Sprint forum someone said "Now that I downloaded the "Grace" voice from SVOX, the Google navigation voice is just as good as Telenav". I posted a question there several hours ago but haven't gotten an answer yet and I'm a bit impatient sometimes :D Plus I know this is a really active community so I thought I would see if anyone here could offer more info.

Thanks!

Edit 3/30/11, 9:49 pm: I'm really bummed not one person responded :( this forum is usually so active and helpful and not one person uses the Sprint Telenav GPS? Am I the only directionally challenged person who doesn't just automatically jump on the Google maps bandwagon?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones