• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS Controlled Ringer?

wskunz

Lurker
May 14, 2010
What I am looking for is an app that will set the ringer to silent or vibrate based on GPS location. Such as, when I arrive at work, the phone goes silent, when I leave it goes back to normal, when I got to church, system goes silent.

Of course I understand you would have to initialize each of these locations for a set ringer behavior.

I thought I remember hearing about such an app, any help will be appreciated.

Bill

I've written a little app that can change the phone's settings according to your location. It will use GPS if this is switched on, if not it will get a (less accurate) location from the cell network. Currently it supports the following settings:

WiFi (on/off)
WiFi (SSID)
WiFi (static ip or DHCP)
Bluetooth (on/off)
Vibrate (on/off)
Ringtone
Ringer volume

There's a lite version called "LocationBotLite" which allows 2 saved locations (e.g. work and home), an unrestricted version should be in the Android market within a few days. You can also download it from this URL:

LocationBot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones