• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gps doesnt lock (android)

A

Android Question

Hi,
My problem is that my gps doesn't lock. It says "searching for gps" and it never stops, always searching and nothing. Literally 2 days ago everything was fine and i didn't do anything. My phone is a galaxy s4 mini.
Hope you can help me... thanks!

Hi There, I'm having basically the same issue with a Samsung Note II
My Navigation stopped working on 7/30/16, my phone can no longer locate a GPS signal. (the blue arrow)
I have a Samsung Note II. ( 7/30/16 that's the first time I noticed it anyway.)
I depended on it to get me home last night and had quite a ride trying to get there without our GPS..
Any HELP would be Great..
It just said searching for GPS for hours..
Thank You!
Eric

Upvote 0
Hi,
Try after some steps for working GPS.
Remove sim card and insert sim card.
Remove memory card/ SD card temporarily.
Run the device in safe mode( temporarily).
Settings >storage>cached data>clear cached data.
Go to settings>storage>apps>all>scroll down to> " settings" > clear data.
Go to home screen select"google settings" app>tap on this>three dot menu.
tap on the button" clear app data".
Go to settings>storage>apps>google play services>manage space >clear data.
Wait few seconds to reload data.
Settings account google> select Auto sync data.
Settings>Date & Time.
Switch between time zones.
Select automatic time zone.
Switch between WIFI and mobile data.
Settings>power manager , disable power saving mode.
Settings>storage>apps>all menu> select" reset app preferences"> reset apps>done.
Google play store menu my apps and games> update All.
Settings >storage>cached data>clear cached data.
Reboot /restart device.
If the problem is solved.
Check the memory/ SD card.
Check the downloaded apps

Upvote 0
Noremon,
The information comes a little late (Oops!) (I should have known anyway)
Some of the settings I couldn't quite find, but this may have helped marginally. (It's works then stops working)
I'm starting to wonder if this may be a carrier issue, in this case AT&T, because my Wife's Galaxy S III just started behaving badly in the GPS department as well........
Thank You for your time..
Eric/Sonor

PS: I may give it a second try in the next day or so, but until then I am printing out directions to my locations..

Upvote 0
Hi, I had this problem today. The app "GPS Reset Com" gives some reasons for it. One of them is that one of the apps using GPS causes the problem. In my case GPS didn't fix while Google Maps was running. So I stopped it and started "Blitzer.de" (POI-warning app). This app immediately got GPS to fix. So there might have been data from either Maps or Blitzer.de, that caused the trouble. Maybe one of them was not stopped correctly and remained background GPS-data.

So try Your apps that are using GPS and deactivate one after the other.

Upvote 0
I found a wonderful App:
The "Clean Cache" App seems to have saved me from getting a new phone. (It looks like a little green recycling bin)
For weeks I have been struggling with GPS issues (searching for GPS for hours)
After running this App and moving the memory usage slider to right to access more memory (?)
I connect just as soon as I run the program...
Thank You for a Wonderful App. "Clean Cache"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bazinga.cacheclean

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones