1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GPS lock after Google maps update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sitting Duck, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Sitting Duck

Sitting Duck Member

My GPS takes significantly longer to get a lock after the update to Google Maps 3.2.1. Anyone else notice this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. droidjim

droidjim Lurker

I had a lot of problems today with the GPS. It would not get a lock at all. I noticed that if you go into the settings > manage apps > maps, it has a button to uninstall updates. I have 3.2.1 as well

3. Sitting Duck

Sitting Duck Member

Did you try it?

4. droidjim

droidjim Lurker

yes just did, reverted back to 3.2.0. it took about 8 seconds to find my location. I tested out right before I uninstalled the updates and it timed out. Im going to reinstall the update and see what happens. looks like its an app problem

5. droidjim

droidjim Lurker

i reinstalled the update and it is pulling up just fine. Now I'm not sure what is going on but I will give it some more testing.

6. Sitting Duck

Sitting Duck Member

Strange. I'll try the same thing as soon as I can get to a place with a clear view of the sky.

7. kmfdmk

kmfdmk Member

I don't have a "Maps" Option when I go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications... weird.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews