• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS not locking, now after warranty repair, SD card doesn't mount.

impressions

Lurker
Dec 14, 2012
I used to be a proud owner of the I747m from Rogers, however now i am not so much. Maybe this is a rant to you, however whatever input would be great.

It started that one day, i tried using my navigation to find my way somewhere, turned out that gps appears to "searching for gps" while i was in my car. This has never happened to me before, i then google for all possible resolutions. ex. gps fix, gps status apps, etc, factory reset, clear agps data, redownload agps data... No resolution, it appears that my gps does not lock onto any satellites or finds any satellites. I resulted to taking it to rogers store to send in for repairs.

2 weeks after, my phone is ready for pick up, which is today. According to the Future tel report, it said that reset handset/device and return as is diagnostic testing has qualified devive to be fully operation within mftr specification sand does not exhibit the reported malfunction "

happily i put in my sim card and batter and i find that still, there are no locks onto gps, navagation still says searching for gps. when the phone was new, this never happened. I insert my sd card that was originally in the phone, and now my sd doesn't mount and is not detected. Worseoff then originally. I am annoyed that most likely i will have to send it off again.

Appears that the quality of the phones are not good at all.

Try a soft reset with the SD-card in, that usually fixes it for me. If that doesn't work, reset the phone to original state again. For the GPS, I'm not 100% sure, although I'm getting the impression that you're moving when loading the Maps app, which makes it difficult for any GPS to lock on. Again, not 100% on that one.

If it keeps up, I think you should take it back to Rogers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones