• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help gps problem

kresten

Mar 17, 2010
hello guys

today i wanted to use GPS for google maps, but i never got any signal - so i downloaded GPS status to "debug"

went outside and started GPS status - in about 1 minute i got 8 sattelites, but i never godt my location (latitude/longitude)

im running galax0 1.6.3.3

My GPS broke down after installing Galaxo. I tried new baseband and other forum suggestions, but none worked. Then one day, after force stopping the dialer strorage (to fix a frozen Dialpad), I went outside to try for another satellite fix using gps test. As usual I got one satellite.....then, I accidently covered the prox sensor at the earpiece...I noticed that 2 more satellites appeared right away, before 30 secs were up I had 8 fixes. The GPS has worked ever since, even in the car.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones