• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS does not work in Realme 8 Pro

alex4371

Lurker
Jun 15, 2021
Hello,

I have a Realme 8 Pro with Android 11, and it seems that the GPS is not working properly.

I do jogging and it would be nice to track the distance I am running. I use the app "Caynax Sport Tracker" for that. After initial problems with GPS it worked nice for about 2 weeks, then the GPS started to drop out more and more again.

I also tried to use apps to fix this (e.g. "GPS Reset Com") but this does not really help. Also other apps using GPS (e.g. "GPS Logger") seem to have problems getting a GPS signal.

For my old phone, a Samsung with Android 5(!) it worked without problems.

Here are my questions:

1. How can I figure out the real cause of my problems
2. How to fix it?

That is not a useful response to my two questions.

Quite frankly I thought it was a very useful response given what you described, which sounds very much like a hardware fault. And if it is, you will NOT be able to fix it with just apps, end of!

If it's a new phone, suggest you seek out Realme(Oppo) warranty service for repair or replacement.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have a Realme 8 Pro with Android 11, and it seems that the GPS is not working properly.

I do jogging and it would be nice to track the distance I am running. I use the app "Caynax Sport Tracker" for that. After initial problems with GPS it worked nice for about 2 weeks, then the GPS started to drop out more and more again.

I also tried to use apps to fix this (e.g. "GPS Reset Com") but this does not really help. Also other apps using GPS (e.g. "GPS Logger") seem to have problems getting a GPS signal.

For my old phone, a Samsung with Android 5(!) it worked without problems.

Here are my questions:

1. How can I figure out the real cause of my problems
2. How to fix it?
go into the plays store and look for gps tools. there are apps that will help locate gps satellites. if that does not work then you have a hardware failure as others have mentioned.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
@alex4371 I saw something now that might help, though I cannot know for sure until I get to drive again and test. In settings go to the application (such as Maps) that is having location problems. Then click on permissions. It turns out that Realme 8 Pro, sets all permissions to denied by default. So, for example, my Maps had no access to location. I changed that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones