• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm having trouble with my GPS. When it works, it's awesome. However, most of the time it either takes forever to find the GPS, or it never accomplishes that. Do any of you have any suggestions for fixes? Thanks.

Mine is fine, gps connecting defend sometimes weather, or area where you are, never lost gps signal in the tall buildings of san francisco, or may be a defective phone, have it replace until you are with in the 30days period

Upvote 0
I made some headway on the GPS problem today. I spent a long time on chat and then the phone with Samsung support. First we did a soft reset, which didn't help. Then we did a hard reset which restores the phone to the factory preset. That worked! After the reset, my phone connected quickly and easily to the GPS. On a trip around town, I did lose the signal for a bit, but the rest of the time, the navigation performed really well. I'm now in the process of reinstalling my apps, a few at a time, and then retesting. I think I'll try not to install anything I really don't need. I'm not sure if it was an errant app that caused my problems, but I'm going to be more careful, just in case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones