• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gpx editor

To rename files you can use any file manager app. But if you do it in your computer, you can also join files without any program. (Copy in Windows and cp in Linux will copy multiple files into one. I suppose you could do it in a terminal app on your phone if you want to root it.) Splitting takes an app or program, and there are dozens of them on the web for Windows. (I wrote at least two, but they're probably lost in the wayback machine.)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I'm wanting to do it on Android not Windows , I have plenty of Unix apps that can do it on mt pc.
I'm talking specifically about gpx files, they are a standard for gps logs and are similar to html or xml that you can edit with a simple text editor. An editor specifically for gpx files will let you rename the (one or more) tracks or routes inside the files, I'm not talking about the file name.
For example my Garmin defaults to "Active Log 12345' so I could have a file name 12282013.gpx which has three track logs called ' Active Log 12345', 'Active Log 23456', and 'Active Log 34567'. A gpx editor will let you rename each of the three 'Active Log ####' to something more meaningful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones