• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

codezer0

Android Expert
Jan 23, 2013
Arizona
Allow me to try and keep this, as brief as I can.

For as long as it's been available, I'd been using ReVanced builder on my pc, to build the apk's for the apps that it supports (mostly, YouTube and Twitch). Lately, been noticing that when it comes time to build I'd been getting well, errors on everything and thus the resulting apk doesn't have any of the features I was trying to (re)Pack them with. Checking the author's GitLab shows ReVanced builder is now in read only mode? While searching eventually led me to a reddit thread about how the dependencies should be able to update and respond independently of the builder program, I've not been able to get a Revanced build of any app to build successfully since.

There is also the android program I could feasibly install on the phone and have it build it for itself, on the face of it. In practice, even if it successfully builds, it absolutely refuses to let me install the apk because I don't have a rooted phone. And it won't even let me find where it put the finished, rebuilt apk either. So that's near as makes no difference, useless to me.

Is ReVanced still being worked on elsewhere? Is there something out there made as an alternative?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones