• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Grand Central / Google Voice.

LBPHeretic

Android Expert
May 29, 2010
Wilmington, Delaware
Okay, so I added a Google Voice phone number to my contacts list for the first time in GMail today, and labeled it as such. I go into my contacts on my Sprint HTC Hero after it has synced up and it calls this number "Grand Central" and I know that is what Google Voice was originally called.

My question is why, when I try to text this number, does it still label it as "Home" in the drop down box when I start typing the person's name in the SMS app? It would be nice if it kept the Grand Central label that it has in the Contacts app, or hey, how about call it Google Voice like it says in GMail? Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

I only use GV for VM... Sorry :(

Well, I was actually talking about what shows up if you start typing a name in the SMS app. The label next to the phone number in the drop down list is "Home" for a Google Voice number.

However, if you look directly at the contact's information it will say "Grand Central" there. I was hoping there was a way to have it put "Google Voice" or "Grand Central" or really ANYTHING other than "Home" so it was easier to know which phone number to use for a text message.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones