1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Grand Central / Google Voice.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LBPHeretic, Jan 6, 2011.

1. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Okay, so I added a Google Voice phone number to my contacts list for the first time in GMail today, and labeled it as such. I go into my contacts on my Sprint HTC Hero after it has synced up and it calls this number "Grand Central" and I know that is what Google Voice was originally called.

My question is why, when I try to text this number, does it still label it as "Home" in the drop down box when I start typing the person's name in the SMS app? It would be nice if it kept the Grand Central label that it has in the Contacts app, or hey, how about call it Google Voice like it says in GMail? Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. LBPHeretic

None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    No one has run into this phenomenon? Eh, I guess maybe it will not matter if I switch to a different ROM.

I just wanted to know if there was a solution. I wonder if this is a Sense UI thing or if it affects all ROMs.

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    I only use GV for VM... Sorry :(

4. LBPHeretic

None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Well, I was actually talking about what shows up if you start typing a name in the SMS app. The label next to the phone number in the drop down list is "Home" for a Google Voice number.

However, if you look directly at the contact's information it will say "Grand Central" there. I was hoping there was a way to have it put "Google Voice" or "Grand Central" or really ANYTHING other than "Home" so it was easier to know which phone number to use for a text message.

Tags: