1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Greetings

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Brazbit, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Brazbit

Brazbit Newbie
    None

Oct 27, 2011
    Greetings,

I am a long time Windows CE/Pocket PC/Windows Mobile user. I was tempted to go the Windows Phone route but decided to give Android a shot this time around.

What was the tipping point for me? A combination of things. I got burned with the whole move away from Windows Mobile to Windows Phone leaving me with a brand new phone that had zero new support shortly after purchase. Windows Phone looks nice but the phones running it are about a year behind in features. The final straw was the release of 3D Android phones and not a peep of such from Microsoft, Apple, or anyone else.

3D is a polarizing technology, but one I greatly enjoy. I had been tempted to get a 3D camera or 3D video camera when I heard that HTC and LG would be releasing phones that could act as both. Then the price was announced on the LG Thrill, right when my contract was up for renewal and I was sold.

Anyways, that is my story. Nice place you have here. I think I will stick around for a while.

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    We certainly hope you do hang around for a while.. and longer. Welcome to Android Forums. A very nice into btw. I hope you will enjoy these forums and can use the information here to get the most from your phone and your Android experience.

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Welcome to the AndroidForums, Brazbit.

Excellent introduction thread! Thank you very much for sharing and introducing yourself.

We're very happy you signed-up with us here at AF and hope you find it as informative and entertaining as I have.

Cheers!