• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Group/Bulk SMS problem

Is it me, ,my phone, my SMS app, my reception or a combination of all of the above???
If I send an SMS to 1 person... no problems.
If I send a group/bulk SMS to more than 1 person, Usually 10 to 20 recipients. nearly all the messages fail to send. I usually have to go into each message and send it to each contact individually.
I'm Using Handcent as my SMS app, had a quick look round a few forums and don't see anyone else with this problem.
It's just taken me over 1hr to send the same message to 16 contacts.
What a load of B***ocks. Never had this sort of trouble on my old "Dumb" phone.
Any help or suggestions welcome

I regularly send to a group of 5 friends using Handcent, so maybe use slightly smaller group then forward the message again once sent to another 5. I agree that this is not the best way to go tho!

How about mecontacts app... not sure whether this would make any difference to it but its a different way to select the contacts to send it to and then you can try using the stock app to write the message (or Handcent if you want)

Reactions: Bushido Brown
Upvote 0
As is occasionally, did you try the stock messaging application? Sometimes the normal one works over third party stuff, especially in an instance like this.

i agree i use the stock application for sms/mms and often send bulk sms and i dont hav a problem, i tried other tx apps but always end up coming back to the stock,

Hope that helps

Reactions: Bushido Brown
Upvote 0
Thanks everyone, the reason I don't use the stock app is the U.I. isn't as easy to use for bulk/group texts, you have to remember the names of people but with HANDCENT you can scroll down a list and check the contacts you want.
Spoke to a friend of mine and he received the message in question 4 times.
now I'm not sure if the message fails or not.
:thinking:

Upvote 0
I'm having the same problems too!!
I've called my provider and it doesn't seem like it's anything on their end.

They told me to try to delete some thread/msg's b/c there might be too much on the phone. If that doesn't work then try mass texts on another phone.

I've tried deleting a bunch of old texts but i'm still unable to send out mass texts...i haven't had a chance to try on another phone b/c i don't have another phone to try it on, lol

Upvote 0
same problem here...but the failed ones normally sit in the undelivered box and they go eventually

The thing that bugs me is that handcent does not keep a recent list that i have sent text's to.....only have 2 people in there (very right icon when selecting people in the phonebook)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones