• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Group Messages

Are you sending group messages as MMS (replies go to all) or bulk SMS (each recipient gets a separate SMS, replies go only to you)? If the former then the obvious difference would be that your group messages are MMS and the rest SMS. Of course MMS should not be delayed either, but they do require a data connection to send so if you have that disconnected it would delay them. Otherwise perhaps speak to your service provider (possibly they'll say they know nothing or that it must be your phone without doing any investigation, but you never know...).

I'm assuming that there is actually an hour delay, rather than just a timestamp being wrong? Because if it's always exactly 1 hour that would be a very odd thing for any technical glitch to produce unless it somehow involved a clock being wrong.

Upvote 0
Are you sending group messages as MMS (replies go to all) or bulk SMS (each recipient gets a separate SMS, replies go only to you)? If the former then the obvious difference would be that your group messages are MMS and the rest SMS. Of course MMS should not be delayed either, but they do require a data connection to send so if you have that disconnected it would delay them. Otherwise perhaps speak to your service provider (possibly they'll say they know nothing or that it must be your phone without doing any investigation, but you never know...).

I'm assuming that there is actually an hour delay, rather than just a timestamp being wrong? Because if it's always exactly 1 hour that would be a very odd thing for any technical glitch to produce unless it somehow involved a clock being wrong.
i did travel through 2 differnet time zones in the past 24 hours and since than it hasnt been working took a flight from New York to Dallas. After my phone got taken off airplane mode this all went wrong

Upvote 0
I have been having all kinds of problems with my text messages. They are taking up to three hours to come through. For instance I didn’t turn my phone on today till about 10:30 AM. My husband always text me in the morning. I texted him to say what happened and he said he texted me at 8:10 AM. This was after 11 o’clock and more than three hours. Finally at 11:45 AM I got his text message he sent at 8:10 AM. Also Facebook notifications are taking anywhere from five or six minutes to an hour for me to get them. I’ve already posted elsewhere and taken some suggestions and it hasn’t helped.

Upvote 0
I have been having all kinds of problems with my text messages. They are taking up to three hours to come through. For instance I didn’t turn my phone on today till about 10:30 AM. My husband always text me in the morning. I texted him to say what happened and he said he texted me at 8:10 AM. This was after 11 o’clock and more than three hours. Finally at 11:45 AM I got his text message he sent at 8:10 AM. Also Facebook notifications are taking anywhere from five or six minutes to an hour for me to get them. I’ve already posted elsewhere and taken some suggestions and it hasn’t helped.
i believe my normal messages are working just fine. Its just my group messages that take about an hour to go through

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones