1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GS3 and 4g??? wtf

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by robertj298, Aug 23, 2012.

1. robertj298

robertj298 Member

My wife just got a new GS3 and has been playing with it. I still have my htc incredible2 3g so I thought we'd do a little test. Everyone in the verizon store boasted about how 4g is 10 times faster than 3g. The other day we had our phones out so we did a little test. We have several of the same bookmarks so we compared side by side. Her phone showed she had a 4g connection mine showed 3g. In each of the 4 sites we tested my phone loaded the web page faster than hers.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mabashi

Mabashi Member

The speed of loading websites is not a very good test of internet speed since most of it is limited by how fast browser and render the data that it received. A better test would be downloading/uploading a big file (or a big app). Or you can always use the speedtest.net app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zwanoo.android.speedtest

In my area, I get around 1-2 mbps max on 3g however usually its slower than 1 mbps. With 4g, I get up to 40 mbps if i'm right next to a cell tower but usually between 10-20 so I would say its 10x faster.

3. darkestred

darkestred Android Enthusiast

4g is 10x faster. Only, it can be up to 10 times faster.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews