• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orientation in Google Meet

Ellary Kahan

Sep 30, 2017
I'm having a problem with image orientation when using Google Meet for video calls. To keep the display in landscape mode I have to orient the phone vertically, i.e. in portrait mode, and vice versa. This happens whether I allow rotation or don't. I did a test with my wife's iPhone (I have a Samsung S21+). She called me. My orientation changed with her orientation. When she held her phone vertically, I had to orient my phone vertically for the image to fill the screen. When she held her phone horizontally, I also had to hold my phone horizontally for the image to fill the screen.
I frequently have a call with someone calling me on an iPad. I don't think her orientation changes mine. She orients her iPad landscape and I have to orient my phone vertically for the image to fill the screen. And that image is landscape. So I have to look at it sideways.
Is this the way this is supposed to work? How do I fix this with the iPad?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones