1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GSM Nexus owners on 4.0.4 - landscape keyboard lag fixed?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tim K, May 1, 2012.

1. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

The Nexus has/had an issue with the keyboard in landscape mode lagging badly when typing... as in you would be several words ahead and words you already typed didn't appear on screen yet.

Some said it was an issue with autocorrect... I don't know. Don't care frankly. I recall reading on the Android bug report page that someone from Google posted that this bug was fixed and would be included in the next release. Since 4.0.4 is the next release, did it fix the landscape keyboard lag? Several people on that page claim it did, others claim it didn't, but they may be morons.

(I am not talking about the slow autorotation to landscape)

Issue 22432 - android - Slow typing response on large amounts of text - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

2. Foxspeed

Foxspeed Android Enthusiast

Mine mainly has this issue when the charger is plugged in.

3. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

I am running a 4.0.4 ROM on my Verizon GNex and I get no lag on the keyboard in landscape mode.

4. ALurker

ALurker Well-Known Member

Same here. Just rooted and started to rom this past weekend. I guess I had gotten used to the lag because it was such a nice surprise when I started typing landscape and realized it was smooth as silk. When I was stock I would get the landscape lag both charging and not.

5. SharpBarb

SharpBarb Member

I'm on the leaked 4.0.4 Verizon update.... I still get lag sometimes. It varies, sometimes it's barely noticible, othertimes it's laggy as hell.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews