• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GSM Nexus owners on 4.0.4 - landscape keyboard lag fixed?

Tim K

Android Expert
Nov 2, 2009
Phila, PA
The Nexus has/had an issue with the keyboard in landscape mode lagging badly when typing... as in you would be several words ahead and words you already typed didn't appear on screen yet.

Some said it was an issue with autocorrect... I don't know. Don't care frankly. I recall reading on the Android bug report page that someone from Google posted that this bug was fixed and would be included in the next release. Since 4.0.4 is the next release, did it fix the landscape keyboard lag? Several people on that page claim it did, others claim it didn't, but they may be morons.

(I am not talking about the slow autorotation to landscape)

Issue 22432 - android - Slow typing response on large amounts of text - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Comment 20 by project member gilles.debunne@android.com, Dec 13, 2011
Thanks for this feedback.

This has been fixed in the MR1 ICS release.

I am running a 4.0.4 ROM on my Verizon GNex and I get no lag on the keyboard in landscape mode.

Same here. Just rooted and started to rom this past weekend. I guess I had gotten used to the lag because it was such a nice surprise when I started typing landscape and realized it was smooth as silk. When I was stock I would get the landscape lag both charging and not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones