• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Guide] Begginers guide to theming android (Windows7)

I read that they had to be the same size as the pngs there replacing?
I'm trying to change a clocks image but it doesn't want to install after I change them.
well size as in resolution, not mb's lol the only time thay may be an issue is if you change png's while the apk is decompiled and then try to re compile it.. than youll have errors up the * hole lol

they MUST be named the same though

but if you use 7zip you can pull the image out, edit it or swap it for a similar image and it should be fine.. if the image looks messed up on your device, than the resolution is wrong or it's a .9 patch which basically means it sometimes stretches in certain ways for certain things so it may not look how you wanted it to lol

Upvote 0
I open up the (framework and system-ui) PNGs in PS or GIMP and they look funky, colors are off and distorted. What am i doing wrong? I just want to change colors of icons for my gf because she needs to upgrade to #2 2.7 but won't let go of her pink theme.
lol instead of manually editing the images, try using the colorize feature on gimp, it's under the 'colors' option in top toolbar of image editor window, but first make sure the images is set to RGB mode for proper editing :D located under Image>Mode option in top toolbar of image editor window

Reactions: keefherbin
Upvote 0
Thanks L, love your ROMs.

Even easier, i took the pink theme that already was made (i think by pnut or shinyside?) pulled the images from the framework and systemui and dropped them in to your rom. Worked like a charm!

Now i spent last night and this morning editing your icon's for my own purpose, just changing color. I love the style but i wanted a splash of color. About to flash it right now!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones