• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Guide] How to install CM7 on your Nook Color

"No luck" meaning what? You were able to wipe, but it didn't help the problem?

Exactly what build of CM7 did you install? CM7.2? CyanogenMod Downloads

Sorry, no luck meaning it didn't help the problem. I installed cm-7.2.0-encore.zip.

Just for the heck of it, I created another gmail account to see if it would let me in and I can access the market on that account, but if I try to link the gmail account I use for everything I still get the "Sorry... Your username and password do not match. Please try again."

Upvote 0
If you wipe data, you can use the new acct, then go into settings... accts... and add your old one (two accts). Maybe after you install some Google updates, it'll fix the problem. Either way, if you have two accts attached, you can get all your paid apps.

I tried logging in to my primary gmail as a second account on the NC and it still gave me the same error. Finally I went to gmail settings on my computer and under the accounts tab you can click on other google account settings. If you have the 2 step verification set up on your primary account, you can opt for a one time password to login to a different device. I did that and was able to login to my primary gmail account on the NC! I'm getting email and all my paid apps are there.

Thanks for all of your help!:D

Upvote 0
Hello:
I realize this is an old post, but do you happen to have the files I would need to upgrade my Nook Color to an Android OS. I did a lot of searching and many of the links are broken. I was planning on downloading the OS, writing it to a micro SD card, then booting the Nook color. There are a lot of instructions on the web - but no good file links.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones