• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

guitar headphone amp and recording studio

I've got an idea and am looking to see if other people would like to get involved.

Background:
I recently moved into a new flat and as a result can't really use my bass amp at more than about 1 out of ten without disturbing my neighbours. I've been meaning to buy a headphone amp for practising but haven't gotten round to it yet. However I thought why not use my android phone as a headphone amp. You'd just need to split the sterio jack into headphones and input. Which shouldn't be hard to knock together.

So that's step one, a simple headphone amp for guitar.

Next, I like to practice with a drum machine. So I reckon being able to mix drum loops, or what ever, into the mix would be cool.

From there it would be cool to develop a simple recording studio (I'm thinking similar to garage band). A few samples built into the application and allow the user to download more samples from the internet.

Lastly, it would be cool to add a community aspect the app. For example allow users to upload tracks online and others to overdub additional tracks.

It would also be nice if these projects could export / import from garage band.

So I'm thinking about starting up an open source project and am looking to see if anyone else is interested in getting involved.

Let me know:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones