• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hack other persons WhatsApp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicky Nikam

Lurker
Jun 10, 2017
I have 2 devices and 2 WhatsApp accounts of my own.
Devices are Samsung GT-S7582 and MI 4A. Coolpad is a relatively new device and hence I am experimenting with the Samsung device as the MI 4A allows 2 versions of WhatsApp to be run on the same device.

Suppose my MAC address for Samsung is 11:22:3344:55:66 and for MI 4A is AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF

I am trying to run a second whatsapp account simultaneously in my Samsung as well as MI 4A devices.

So just to check whether its possible, I tried accessing my wife's WhatsApp in my Samsung and her own device simultaneously.

Steps involved.
1. Uninstalled WhatsApp from Samsung and reinstalled it.
2. Downloaded Kingo Root, Busybox and Terminal Emulator on Samsung.
3. Rooted the phone.
4. Changed Samsungs MAC address from 11:22:3344:55:66 to AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF.
5. Checked the same in Terminal Emulator with the command busybox iplink show and got the MAC address as AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF.
6. Went back to phone's setting but still the MAC address showed 11:22:3344:55:66.
7. Assuming that the MAC address spoofing was complete, I went and configured WhatsApp on my Samsung with my wife's number.
8. Entered the confirmation code and had my wife's WhatsApp running on my Samsung device.
9. Checked wife's phone and opened WhatsApp. But the WhatsApp on her device was de-activated.

Queries:
1. Why did the Samsung device showed the MAC address as 11:22:3344:55:66 in the phone's setting even though it showed a different MAC address in the Terminal Emulator and confirmed that the MAC address had been successfully spoofed? Is this normal?
2. Is it really possible to access the same WhatsApp account on 2 seperate devices without disconnecting either of them because I think in WhatsApp one can't register on more than 1 device.

Reactions: moufoumafulgence90
one reply says WhatsApp doesn't allow while the other says they have to be devices registered to you. Obviously the devices are registered to me.
I am even more confused now.

Just understand, in your case (that is using WhatsApp), it's not going to work. Because WhatsApp wants you to use one account on only one phone. Some apps allow you to use one account on multiple devices, that's what he's talking about (am I right Bobby?). But WhatsApp doesn't allow this for security reasons unfortunately.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones