• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

KuddlyMuffn

Lurker
Sep 12, 2018
Phone is hacked!?

I'm pretty sure my phone is hacked, I am trying to get confirmation as well as seeing if someone can tell me who it is. I've contacted both Samsung and AT&T tech support. Neither of them have been any help, but they have told me I have some strange things going on. I was even offered a new phone as a solution. Help!

What specifically makes you think you're phone is hacked? Most times people's accounts are compromised by either sharing your password or having it cracked. Now, if you've been installing apps from questionable sources, then all bets are off, but as long as you're not rooted, a factory reset should clean that up.

In terms of best practices, change your Google password and enable 2-step verification.

Reactions: Hadron and Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones