• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hand Warmer app randomly turning on

something is running in the background if it is draining your battery... check out your batter in settings. see whats draining it. Download Juice Defender. if you dont want to pay for it (i did and am loving it) get the free version it still really saves a lot of your battery... but if your battery is being drained i would say something is running in the background and thus your phone is heating up

Upvote 0
Look in the battery settings and see what apps are draining the most battery. My guess is some app that uses GPS is keeping the phone awake and killing the battery. It's also possible that the camera could be "on" and it could keep the phone awake.

I had a GPS speedometer app opened on my Incredible once and thought I closed out of it. A few hours later and my phone was almost dead, looked and saw that the app was still open.

Upvote 0
HAHA When I read the title of this post I thought wth? How could someone make an app that does that think it was a good idea. Reminds me of the stories from my old communication days hearing people used to warm their food in front of microwave radomes and then got radiation poisoning. You phone doesn't put out enough noise to do that but it can warm the phone.
I try to shut off all the secondary radios if I am not using them .. gps, 4g, wifi, etc. That seems to help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones