1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Handcent and Easy Reminder and LED

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dequardo, Sep 22, 2011.

1. dequardo

dequardo Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 18, 2009
    Curious how Handcent and Easy Reminder LED features work with this phone. Anyone?

thanks!

Mike

Advertisement

2. JSchu22

JSchu22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 13, 2009
    Tampa
    Handcent works well, but I don't use the other so I can't speak to it's performance. I do use SMS Popup and that works quite well.

3. dequardo

dequardo Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 18, 2009
    Thanks. Just want to confirm it's the LED functionality we're talking about...

Mike

4. ashevillemike

ashevillemike Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    I have been using handcent for some time and really like it but my problem is this:
    The messaging icon at the bottom of each screen still brings up stock app. I have checked the box in the handcent that sets it as the default.

Is there anyway to delete the messaging icon on the bottom of the home screens?

Thanks,
    Mike

5. JSchu22

JSchu22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 13, 2009
    Tampa
    I forgot about this. I use the Clean Sprint iD, which doesn't have the same dock at the bottom. Looks more like stock Gingerbread with the iD link taking the place of the browser. Doesn't look like anything in the dock, whichever option you choose, is customizable.

The LED does in fact work, but I have only seen blue, green and red work so far.

6. uminchu

uminchu Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 14, 2009
    Not sure if you want to do this, but you could install Launcher Pro instead of Touchwiz. LP's dock icons are configurable.

7. wburbage

wburbage Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Yea, click on the Applications icon and then click the menu and then edit button. It will say something about how it needs to change to customizable, say yes and you'll be able to change the apps on the home dock. The only thing is that I don't think you can install a widget on the home dock, so I don't think you can add the Handcent small widget and get the number of unread messages. I'm playing around with that one now.

happy fun time, dib.1138 and JSchu22 like this.
  8. TheGameHhH81

TheGameHhH81 Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2011
    my LED light remains on when I get a text message instead of flashing; any ideas?

9. dib.1138

dib.1138 Newbie
    None

Feb 17, 2010
    Contractor
    Pittsburgh PA
    Thanks wburbage! that was EXACTLY the bit of info i needed! How did you come across that... nowhere does the "manual" actually give any useful info like that.. or would that be more in reading up on how this version of android works?

Handcent works GREAT on this phone (GS 2s)

Yes- there are 4 LED colors that work with Handcent are red, blue, magenta, green. lol- it's not 100% accurate.. on my phone, in order to get the magenta LED, you need to pick orange as the color! lol

@ TheGameHhH81- yes, mine does the same thing. I can get it to blink, but it does stay on (by default) after a new message comes in. Presumably to let you know theres a notification waiting, if you didnt hear it ring.

10. happy fun time

None

Nov 6, 2011

Is it just me or does "test notification" not loght up the led in handcent?

Edit: nvm I figurrd it out. You have to enable "custom" under the color. You can only use one color at a time, with the value set to maximum and all other colors at zero. Transparency must also be all the way up. Green is actually magenta/pink. Weird.

11. dib.1138

dib.1138 Newbie
    None

Feb 17, 2010
    Contractor
    Pittsburgh PA
    yes, test notifications does not properly show the LED because the test doesn't put the phone to sleep first. therefore, the LED doesn't turn on. it's an odd flaw, but it does correctly work the LED during actual use. So far, I've found that it can't be made to blink, just turn on. Red blue, and purple works. On my phone, i get purple by choosing green or white as the colors .