• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent and Easy Reminder and LED

I have been using handcent for some time and really like it but my problem is this:
The messaging icon at the bottom of each screen still brings up stock app. I have checked the box in the handcent that sets it as the default.

Is there anyway to delete the messaging icon on the bottom of the home screens?

Thanks,
Mike

I forgot about this. I use the Clean Sprint iD, which doesn't have the same dock at the bottom. Looks more like stock Gingerbread with the iD link taking the place of the browser. Doesn't look like anything in the dock, whichever option you choose, is customizable.

The LED does in fact work, but I have only seen blue, green and red work so far.

Upvote 0
I have been using handcent for some time and really like it but my problem is this:
The messaging icon at the bottom of each screen still brings up stock app. I have checked the box in the handcent that sets it as the default.

Thanks,
Mike
Not sure if you want to do this, but you could install Launcher Pro instead of Touchwiz. LP's dock icons are configurable.

Upvote 0

Thanks,
Mike

Yea, click on the Applications icon and then click the menu and then edit button. It will say something about how it needs to change to customizable, say yes and you'll be able to change the apps on the home dock. The only thing is that I don't think you can install a widget on the home dock, so I don't think you can add the Handcent small widget and get the number of unread messages. I'm playing around with that one now.

Upvote 0
Thanks wburbage! that was EXACTLY the bit of info i needed! How did you come across that... nowhere does the "manual" actually give any useful info like that.. or would that be more in reading up on how this version of android works?

Handcent works GREAT on this phone (GS 2s)

Yes- there are 4 LED colors that work with Handcent are red, blue, magenta, green. lol- it's not 100% accurate.. on my phone, in order to get the magenta LED, you need to pick orange as the color! lol

@ TheGameHhH81- yes, mine does the same thing. I can get it to blink, but it does stay on (by default) after a new message comes in. Presumably to let you know theres a notification waiting, if you didnt hear it ring.

Upvote 0
Thanks wburbage! that was EXACTLY the bit of info i needed! How did you come across that... nowhere does the "manual" actually give any useful info like that.. or would that be more in reading up on how this version of android works?

Handcent works GREAT on this phone (GS 2s)

Yes- there are 4 LED colors that work with Handcent are red, blue, magenta, green. lol- it's not 100% accurate.. on my phone, in order to get the magenta LED, you need to pick orange as the color! lol

@ TheGameHhH81- yes, mine does the same thing. I can get it to blink, but it does stay on (by default) after a new message comes in. Presumably to let you know theres a notification waiting, if you didnt hear it ring.

Is it just me or does "test notification" not loght up the led in handcent?

Edit: nvm I figurrd it out. You have to enable "custom" under the color. You can only use one color at a time, with the value set to maximum and all other colors at zero. Transparency must also be all the way up. Green is actually magenta/pink. Weird.

Upvote 0
yes, test notifications does not properly show the LED because the test doesn't put the phone to sleep first. therefore, the LED doesn't turn on. it's an odd flaw, but it does correctly work the LED during actual use. So far, I've found that it can't be made to blink, just turn on. Red blue, and purple works. On my phone, i get purple by choosing green or white as the colors .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones