• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent SMS - when specific person texts, no alert sound is made

ellenr886

Lurker
Aug 11, 2010
I have one specific person in my phone, and whenever they text me, it pops up on the screen and stuff, but the phone will not vibrate, will not make the alert noise or anything, ive tried deleting and readding the contact, i tried making a custom sound for them, etc.. so weird. they arent on a black list or anything. anyone else have this problem? what do i do?

Did you possibly change the notification settings for that person under the conversation view? You can individualize settings for different people.
notification.jpg

Upvote 0
how do i go in to find that??? the settings menu is so confusing to me?? i dont even know how to get in to check?
if you click on the conversation, (series of texts), and the Settings option that he has shown, is the Person with the Gear under him, in the upper right corner of the screen.. on the upper left of the screen is the Call button for that contact. hope that helps.

Upvote 0
ahh i didnt see the picture in this forum when i was on myphone, i see it now, but anyways thanks!!! it looks like it was all set correctly but we will see. ill let you konw. how do u do the screen shot thing also?
depends on if your phone is rooted or not, but for NON-Rooted phones........ you have to download AndroidSDK and run the DDMS program inside of it, when the phone is plugged in to the computer, and you have USB Debugging Mode enabled on your phone, in the ddms program, if you click on one of the menu options up top, one of hte options is Screen Capture.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones