• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy-ish

dave

Lurker
Oct 16, 2009
Hi all, got my Hero, love it, but....am struggling to get it un-locked. Am currently locked to Orange (in the U.K.). O2 have offered me a great deal to stay with them, if i can un-lock my Hero. Been to an un-lock shop, the phone accepted the code, but DIDN'T un-lock. Is there something that still needs to be done??? Shop guy said half the phones do un-lock, but half don't. Something to do with Firmware version? It's 1.5. Software version is 1.0.0.A6288. Help???!!!!!

Hi all, got my Hero, love it, but....am struggling to get it un-locked. Am currently locked to Orange (in the U.K.). O2 have offered me a great deal to stay with them, if i can un-lock my Hero. Been to an un-lock shop, the phone accepted the code, but DIDN'T un-lock. Is there something that still needs to be done??? Shop guy said half the phones do un-lock, but half don't. Something to do with Firmware version? It's 1.5. Software version is 1.0.0.A6288. Help???!!!!!

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Try post your unlock issue in the Hero forum for best chance of help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones