• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day 2023

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
Have a safe and fun celebration tomorrow. I'm equal parts Irish Scottish and Mutt. I celebrate all the same. I'll be eating my corned beef and cabbage as it's my family tradition.
I might have a beer or two... or three...
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

It's cool that they dye the Chicago River green. Only problem is I'm as Irish as a Siamese Cat :LOL:
I'm only 30% Irish and I claim every bit of it. :) Being Irish has little to do with the American celebration of the date. Have fun and be Irish for a day. It costs nothing but perhaps a hangover.

Upvote 0
I rather like the holiday, though the only thing Irish about me (at least to my knowledge!) is that I can adopt the accent very convincingly. (It was fun being able to use it in theatre.) We usually have corned beef and cabbage, though my wife being from Massachusetts, calls it a “boiled New England dinner.”

Since we’ll be on a plane tomorrow afternoon, we didn’t bother picking up the necessaries, but then a neighbor gave it all to my wife as she just found out her husband (of forty years!) hates it and she’d already bought it. The meat is in the freezer and we’ll see how well the veggies keep; since we’ll of course be cooking them it’s okay if they aren’t fresh, so long as they haven’t gone bad. We expect to be back the 29th and will probably cook it the next Saturday.
Stay safe and sane, however you celebrate St. Patrick’s!

Upvote 0
FB_IMG_1679047286081.jpg

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
I rather like the holiday, though the only thing Irish about me (at least to my knowledge!) is that I can adopt the accent very convincingly. (It was fun being able to use it in theatre.) We usually have corned beef and cabbage, though my wife being from Massachusetts, calls it a “boiled New England dinner.”

Since we’ll be on a plane tomorrow afternoon, we didn’t bother picking up the necessaries, but then a neighbor gave it all to my wife as she just found out her husband (of forty years!) hates it and she’d already bought it. The meat is in the freezer and we’ll see how well the veggies keep; since we’ll of course be cooking them it’s okay if they aren’t fresh, so long as they haven’t gone bad. We expect to be back the 29th and will probably cook it the next Saturday.
Stay safe and sane, however you celebrate St. Patrick’s!
My Mom and her sister's are from Massachusetts with my dad as well, my father proposped like "So do you want to live on a farm without taking care of animals?"
Mom agreed and I was born in Illinois.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones