• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hard Reset without Touchscreen?

Either that or a touchscreen fix, if it's at all possible.

Hello everyone. I was being an absolute idiot with my Samsung Galaxy Europa, and trying out all the 'secret codes' that I'd just found. (You know, like finding your IMEI number and stuff?)
Well, I found a complete list of them, and was working my way down each one seeing what it did. When I got to 'Touch Screen Firmware Version', I typed the number in, *#*#2663#*#*, and the screen came up with my firmware version, as it should.
I accidentally pressed the 'Update' button, not noticing what it said. A bubble came up on the screen, saying something along the lines of "Checking for updates. Do not turn the power off." I tried to cancel by pressing the back hardkey button but nothing happened.
I turned the screen off and on again, but when I turned it back on, I was stuck at the unlock screen, the phone vibrating every few seconds, and the touch screen not working at all.
And so, of course, me being the stupid person that I often am, took the battery out of the phone to turn it off. (The touch screen didn't work, so I had no other option.)
I replaced the battery and turned the phone back on, it booted as usual and went to the unlock screen. Touch screen still not working. Since that, I've turned the phone on and off, on and off, about four times.
I looked on this site and saw someone with the same problem, but their board didn't have a complete solution - just people suggesting to hard reset it.
Now, I've heard that to hard reset a Samsung Galaxy Europa, you need to press both volume keys and the power key until the exclamation mark appears on the screen. It didn't.
This is really frustrating as I need my phone by tomorrow, and I know I shouldn't have been messing with the settings and stuff when I don't fully understand it myself.

Could anybody help me?
Thanks in advance - Noodle.
P.S. - Sorry for the length of this post. I couldn't help it. ^^

UPDATE: I read elsewhere that you can get to settings, (and in turn, to factory reset), by having someone ringing you. I borrowed my dad's phone to ring mine, and mine vibrated and played my ringtone as it usually would, but it stayed at the unlock screen the entire time.
The weird part was that even AFTER my dad hung up, my phone was still buzzing and playing my ringtone.
Something's definitely screwed up here, more so that I thought before.

Upvote 0
_only you must download odin downloader 4.38
_you take your phone at download mode by pressing vol- and home button then power button simultinately
_you download android 2.2 ;after you extract files from rar files
_choose PDA THEN IMPORT FILES
_connect your phone and yellow square appears then you push start
_after 3 Minutes and 10 SECONDS the yellow square become green
thank yous

Reactions: NoodleNutter
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones