1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General hardware or software

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by talco, Mar 26, 2016.

1. talco

talco Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2016
    Male
    Hi

In the last month my S6 restarts or freezes randomly.
    I tried clearing the system cache through recovery and also some apps cache.
    removed all unnecessary apps and reset configuration to the very basic.
    It happens randomly and there is days where it would work perfectly.
    when it does begin with the restarting and freezing loop, I notice that it gets hot fast, not extremely hot but noticeably.
    (when its just starting with this behavior the phone is not really hot, but after it gets into these restart loops it does get hot)

Besides factory reset I've done everything, I am trying to avoid the factory reset since I can't re-activate WhatsApp after the factory reset, since I am in a different country than where my sim card is registered, and don't have acess to SMS/CALLs.

Is there any way to diagnose whats going on? log files? apps to diagnose problems?
    any tips for me before I send it in to the lab?

Thanks
    T

Advertisement

2. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Try safe mode - this will help figure out if it is a third party app, or something else. Safe mode disables all 3rd party apps.
    1. Power the phone off.
    2. Turn the phone back on while holding down the “Volume Down” button.
    3. Keep holding the “Volume Down” button till you are the Home screen.The lower-left corner should say “Safe Mode“.

Samsung Galaxy S6

The Samsung Galaxy S6 launched in 2015 as the company's flagship. It features a 5.1-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.