1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lxhoot, Jul 1, 2010.

1. lxhoot

lxhoot Member

Jun 26, 2010
    I just gotmy evo yesterday and today I turned on to see if the hot spot worked it did! I did not order it when I ordered my evo. I was a bit hesitant and called sprint immediately asking about it. The rep told me it wouldn't work because I told him"my friend accidentally turned on the hot spot. The rep said it would only charge me if I ask to turn it on which in this case I did not ask to. What should I do? Keep using it or no? Remind you I just got my phone yesterday and I just ran the update today

Advertisement

2. jadoe05

jadoe05 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    It is free until 7/15 i believe.

3. gameday26

gameday26 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    the 15th seems to be that magic froyo date, wouldnt it be free there after anyways :D

4. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    No, it will be disabled by sprint.

5. jadoe05

Apr 6, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Also I doubt we will get froyo that early...

HTC EVO FTW!!!!

6. ibleedbloo

ibleedbloo Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    I'm not trying to be an A-hole, but it would help if OPs came up with better titles so many of us could get a sense of what you'd be asking and we could then avoid clicking on the subject. Again, I really am trying not to be a whiner and I know its gonna come across that way and I m gonna get flamed but it gets pretty annoying clicking on posts like this day after day.

7. jadoe05

Apr 6, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    No flame here. I agree to an extent. If you are on a computer all you have to do is hover the mouse over the link and it should give you a preview of the op's post. That's the best help I can offer.

HTC EVO FTW!!!!

8. lxhoot

lxhoot Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Lol mybad didn't mein to do that :-/ but quick question with froyo will the hit spot be free?

ibleedbloo likes this.
  9. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    QA Engineer
    San Diego, CA.
    and you got this info from were? Last I heard sprint is not disabling the hotspot feature that is included with android 2.2. Besides you can just root and hotspot away all you want.

10. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Workin at the squeaky mart.
    Residin in Florida

And so where did you hear this info from about not disabling it? :p

11. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    QA Engineer
    San Diego, CA.
    LOL you are right! lol were did I hear that....I could swear during the release sprint put out a statement saying they were not going to disable it. But now I can't find the article. I will find it!!!!! lol and post the link hehe.

12. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Male
    Business Owner
    New Orleans, LA
    Actually I think what Sprint said was that they will not Block any Apps that a user can download (i.e. PDANet). it is at their discretion to not enable certain features. I will be shocked if any of the carriers allow the hotspot feature for free.. I mean one can hope but it just doesn't make sense for them to do it. In the past Sprint has always blocked the tethering on smart phones.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/20/carriers-will-be-able-to-decide-which-android-phones-have-tethering-and-they-can-charge-for-it/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Techcrunch+%28TechCrunch%29#ixzz0oW5vv1lb

http://www.phonedog.com/2010/05/20/...ide-whether-to-include-tethering-and-hotspot/

http://techblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/05/sprint-says-it-will-allow-pdan.html

Tags: