• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has voice to text actually become less intuitive?

ZepTepi

Android Enthusiast
Jan 30, 2011
San Diego, CA
So this has been a thing for me for quite awhile, I just haven't sought out an answer or fix until now.
As those of you around my age(50s) recall, voice to text used to be very inaccurate when that technology was in it's infancy but slowly became more accurate as time went on. At some point in the last 2-3 years it's started becoming less accurate again, for me at least. I'm having to go back and fix mis-spellings alot more often that I used to. I often see words spelled correctly after I say them only to watch the app change it to some other word. Sometimes to a word that doesn't even make sense in the sentence and less often to a word that doesn't even sound similar to the word I spoke. I thought one of the things these apps was supposed to have the capability of doing was to learn as it went and thereby get more accurate in time but I certainly don't see that happening for me. Can anyone give me some insight as to why this has become my experience and are there any fixes I can try?

Zep Tepi

Heck I never used it because a lot of times I'd trigger the Google Assistant in the house and get all sorts of chaos. Or I'd be watching TV or be in a public place and it'd pick up any stay conversations making using it less practical.

Texts such as this: "Goodnight babe, I love youCOMPUTER TEA EARL GREY HOT" were quite common lol

Reactions: ZepTepi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones