• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have a few questions please help...

Roddy

Sep 11, 2009
I downloaded Handcent for SMS. Although I like the Stock better, i just hate that it doesn't notify you while you are on a call.. My question to you is, now that i've downloaded handcent, is there a way to shut off the stock sms? I did the running applications, but when i got a text it appeared to have activated it again..

Same question with Gtalk, why everytime i disconnect it from running applications about 3 hrs laters its back active??

I may be misunderstanding your question, but if you want to stop the default message app's notifications.... go to the default message app -->menu-->settings-->uncheck 'Received notification'

I use to get 2 notifications, one from handcent and one from the default message app... now I only get it from handcent (plus, I turned off the handcent pop-up too---that got annoying)

Upvote 0
I may be misunderstanding your question, but if you want to stop the default message app's notifications.... go to the default message app -->menu-->settings-->uncheck 'Received notification'

I use to get 2 notifications, one from handcent and one from the default message app... now I only get it from handcent (plus, I turned off the handcent pop-up too---that got annoying)

this is correct.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones