• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have to buy tomorrow, need advice. Verizon is my carrier.

My current phone is on its way out and due to the nature of my job I can't go without a (fully functional) phone for much longer than until tomorrow afternoon (EST). I was planning on getting a new phone soon and to do my own homework, but fate has forced my hand. I have been looking at 2 phones: Samsung Galaxy Nexus and HTC Rezound, but I need certain functionality so I want to confirm if either or both can do what I need them to.

I need to be able to wifi tether. Now, I'm not using this to tether for inet(have an aircard) but I do need the functionality it gives me because I use another app to ship the gps co-ords from my phone to my nook color so I can see a larger map(drive for a living). I've tried to do this over BT with zero luck so far.

Is this something that can be done with a rooted but stock rom or does it only work on custom roms like CM? I've been on CM for years on a HTC Eris and I am really just not so up on what you can or can't do. I would prefer to keep it stock if possible unless there is a SUPER RELIABLE rom available because my phone is my lifeline on the road. Without it I'm dead in the water.

Yeah I'm not trying to pay 20 a month when I already pay 40+ a month for the stupid air card for my pc....they could tempt me if they hit you with more than 2gb or whatever it is now, especially since all I really need it for is to ship gps info from one device to another. Kind of grimy that they locked it down like that imo.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones