• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Having to Restart Your ZTE Valet Android 4.1.1 Phone?

I was wondering whether any of you find that you might have to restart your ZTE Valet Android 4.1.1 phones once or twice a day. I've had mine since October 2013 and it hasn't been an issue until this past week. I've been finding that the apps get very, very sluggish. Sometimes, they refuse to behave properly at all. And the touch screen becomes much less sensitive. An insensitive touch screen may really be the entire issue come to think of it. But then I restart it and it's fine again. Is there anything I can do or clean out to avoid this restarting?

actually I had better results with a app called HideApps and es task manager. it helps you disable some things to clear up memory. also when I was using mastercleaner it was taking up like 20mb of ram which is a lot for my phone. my phone only has 400mb of ram and most of it is taken up by services and had around 60mb or ram free at any time but I used hideapps and disabled a few things I dont use a couple email things the built in browser g+ and a few built is uselessware now it has around 120mb free with regular use and 170mb after a restart or an allkill with es task manager.

Upvote 0
Clean Master and my particular Valet did not get along well; kept crashing my phone. Whether it had to do with an interaction with another app or not, I don't know...glad to see the alternate suggestions :)

Delete the app and try to re-install. That happened to me once several months ago with an app update and the install process screwed up the first time I launched the app. The app is worth a simple retry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones