• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

having trouble with outlook email

TnFlapjack

Mar 5, 2010
I use outlook 2003 for my email. If outlook is closed on my computer, I get all of my email to my phone. If outlook is open on my computer, I do not get my emails on my phone. Does anyone know how to fix this so I can always get my emails whether outlook is open or not? I think when my local computer receives an email, it removes it from my ISP server. I don't know if this makes any difference or not.
Thanks

I use outlook 2003 for my email. If outlook is closed on my computer, I get all of my email to my phone. If outlook is open on my computer, I do not get my emails on my phone. Does anyone know how to fix this so I can always get my emails whether outlook is open or not? I think when my local computer receives an email, it removes it from my ISP server. I don't know if this makes any difference or not.
Thanks

Who is your mail provider?

You need to do two things...in Outlook, you need to change the setting so that it leaves a copy of the email on the server. I'm running 2010 here but I think getting to the setting is the same: account settings>internet email settings>more settings>advanced.

Once that's done, you'll need to log into your web based mail account, then tackle the settings. If you're using Gmail, settings>forwarding and POP/IMAP. Make sure the setting at "when messages are accessed with POP" the setting is something along the lines of "leave a copy in the inbox."

Ask me how I know this... :eek:

Reactions: Droid1215
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones