• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories HDMI/Charging Dock - will it be hard to use or inconvenient?

AJ_EVO

Android Enthusiast
Jun 8, 2010
Orange County
The dock will plug into the phone's Micro USB and Micro HDMI ports. These are pretty small, and located near the corner of the phone. It seems like docking the Droid X will be a two-hand operation - both attaching and detaching. I'm worried it may be more of a chore than a convenience.

I guess I'll wait for the reviews from others before getting my own. I liked the iPhone dock because it was very simple to just pop it into place without making sure it is perfectly aligned. The dock looks great so I have high hopes!!

I assume that if a case is on the phone, specifically the kickstand leather case, that it won't fit in the dock? Thoughts?

That seems to be the problem with lots of cell phone accessoies. They don't take into account that you may have a case on it. Since the DX is big I think I'll just us a BestSkin on it and then not have to hassle with removing the case when I dock it. I like he car dock also and think I'll be getting both

Upvote 0
Yep, it is so you can set it by your TV if you want and play videos off the phone.

No, you missed my point. They might as well have put a full HDMI port on the dock so you don't have to buy an adapter or extra micro (whatever) hdmi to hdmi cable.

The dock already plugs into the phone's port, why not just have the dock's port be standard.

Upvote 0
OK, here is my dumb question of the day: I don't quite understand the purpose of the dock. Why not just connect the phone directly (via HDMI cable) to the TV? I'm missing something (no cracks, please) :rolleyes:

For me it is more of a bedside convenience. I've gotten so used to my S2 and it's dock that now it is hard to think of not having one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones