• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Headphones partially not working - not a hardware issue

Tizthewizz

Lurker
Feb 5, 2016
Hey fellas,

so I recently got a used S6 Edge and there was a problem whenever I used headphones. The left earbud works fine but there is hardly any sound coming out of the right one(checked with several headphones, its a phone issue), really just minimal, very very quiet. I naturally figured this was a hardware error so I went to my local phone repair guy and had that part replaced.
Now, unfortunately the problem still isn't solved. With the new replacement it has gotten a little bit better, but the right earbud is still a lot quieter than the left one. So the repair guy said its a software issue.
Do you guys know anything about that?
I'm not rooted and on the official 5.1.1. Just tried factory resetting but that didn't really help. Any suggestions or anything I can look into that might solve this issue, be it rooted or not?
Cheers

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones