• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help heavy data usage due to motoblur?

phirefaux

Apr 8, 2010
Central FL
Is motoblur a data drain? I've recently learned that "unlimited data" on vzw means 5 gigs...I stream music and video quite a bit. Does anyone know if the rss feeds and facebook update drain the data fairly quickly? I like motoblur but I like affordable cell phone bills more and would hate to get overage charges. I'm using a data monitor now but I'm wondering if anyone has already looked into this.

Is motoblur a data drain? I've recently learned that "unlimited data" on vzw means 5 gigs...I stream music and video quite a bit. Does anyone know if the rss feeds and facebook update drain the data fairly quickly? I like motoblur but I like affordable cell phone bills more and would hate to get overage charges. I'm using a data monitor now but I'm wondering if anyone has already looked into this.

Data usage for Verizon is unlimted unless you have the laptop air card (it has the 5 gig limit). If you are on their unlimited phone data plan then you have unlimited data (no cap). Have fun with your phone and I hope this helps! :D

Upvote 0
I've recently switched phones in the middle of my tescos monthly contract,, it says unlimited but if only just realised it limits too 1GB,,, 3 days ago I got told i had gone over the limit of the data usage so i decided not to go on the internet anymore, i remembered later about motoblur so i decided to regulary turn my fone onto plane mode and only turn it off for txting coz i wasnt sure how motoblur worked... I just looked at my data usage and I have run over by around 125mb, which is

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones