• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello all and Happy New Year - Privacy Invasion

Recently I had an incident where my Privacy was invaded because Google handed over all of my account details to Law Enforcement. Somehow LE came across my Google Voice telephone number. Unbeknown to myself, for months they were monitoring my calls, texts, and emails without my knowledge. I later discovered that they had tapped my cell phone which was associated with the GV number. At first the phone appeared to function normally. Then it began to function very erratically. I thought it was just the phone acting up, but it was the software LE were using to track my every move. When many of my friends stopped contacting me, at first I thought nothing of it because people get busy. But later, I found it very strange. When LE began to canvas my entire GV contact list and started to contact people from my church, family (they didn't know from my contact list everyone that may be family) and friends, I thought OMG what in the H is going on. To make a long story short - - although I am not a terrorist, a drug dealer, or have not committed any known crimes, I became a target of investigation. LE sent encrypted text messages to my cell, so they could turn on my cell phone MIC and listen to my calls and my surroundings when talking to others. And they began to send text messages to persons on my contact list pretending they were me, using the STINGRAY technology. I had to discard two cell phones that had tapped into, because they acquired the IMEI. I was totally naïve as to the technology LE has now to snoop on common people. So I began to wonder what could I have possibly done to become a target of investigation by LE. So I surmised that LE must have told my contacts that I was under investigation and not talk to me otherwise they would be arrested for interfering with a criminal investigation. I later found out from one female who let it slip that she was told "I was trying to pick up women, and they was going to catch me". After hearing this, I am in shock. Well if you call giving someone a ride to the Metro Station, or meeting someone at Church, Walmart, or the grocery store and trying to get to know them better, then oh well. Even though I am not a drinker, maybe if I went to a bar and picked up someone, try to take them home to get laid that would be more acceptable. So I say to all that may be reading this - - BEWARE!!!!! Google was suppose to inform me that they had gotten a request for my account data, but they did not. So, if your friends start dropping off, your phone start to act weird do your homework and try to ascertain why you are being targeted. It has been at least 6 months if not longer, and I'm still not sure why they are monitoring me. It's quite scary and have made me greatly depressed. So be careful what you write, say or text on Google Voice and Gmail. It may come back to haunt you.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones