• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Go here and look at this Rooting for Lg - Optimus SLIDER / Enlighten / Q - YouTube Just click on the link in the box. They do this to the video's from time to time.
I am doing some more research on the best custom recovery and ROM/ROM's.

EDIT: This is very important. Once Rooted,while you have no custom recovery to make a backup of your system/ROM please don't delete anything with out first downloading Titanium Backup and using the freeze app option first (when you are in Titanium just click on the app you want to delete and select the freeze option). If it causes a system process to crash after reboot and opening up the gallery, trying to send mms, use the phone, unfreeze it.
Another app to download is App Tyrant. It will save all your apps to the sd card in the apk form.
I would use this before you root. Then download everything in the SD card to a folder on your PC. It also save every apk. If you update an app and it doesn't work right, no problem, just go to App Tyrant and install the old apk that it saved.

If you have any questions just click on my name and PM me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones