• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello! Another newbie here

Welcome Cooper,

If you have a drawer full of old phones, could you take a picture of a few and post them in our Nostalgia thread:
Nostalgia - Phones From The Past

Thanks for stopping by, There's plenty to read here for your enjoyment! Good luck with your Computer Science classes.

Hello GIF by Originals

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
How many old phones? It's good to have a backup phone, but if you have more then you could use, maybe you should sell or give some of them away. A lot of people only have one phone, so a backup phone might be a nice gift for a friend or something.
I do use the more recent ones as a backup myself or for testing things I don't want to do on my main phone. But the oldest ones (like the one I posted in the Nostalgia thread) are probably more useful as a paper weight or a kids toy at this point. :LOL:

Upvote 0
I do use the more recent ones as a backup myself or for testing things I don't want to do on my main phone. But the oldest ones (like the one I posted in the Nostalgia thread) are probably more useful as a paper weight or a kids toy at this point. :LOL:
So long as they can still make phone calls (once they have an actavated SIM card), they're still usefull as backup phones. My old Java phones, unfortunately, don't support 4G. That means they no longer work in my country, the United States.

Upvote 0
So long as they can still make phone calls (once they have an actavated SIM card), they're still usefull as backup phones. My old Java phones, unfortunately, don't support 4G. That means they no longer work in my country, the United States.
That's true, though the battery should also last for a while. I think with the older phones battery starting to fail me was the main reason I started to look for a new phone.

Upvote 0
Not yet, because I bought it just recently. But I'm open for recommendations.
I like my Surface, because it's both a Windows laptop (with the keyboard-mouse attachment) and an Android tablet. But juggling two oparating systems on the same computer can be a pain, I wouldn't recommend it for most people. I'm curious, do you have a keyboard-mouse attachment for your tablet that allows it to work as a laptop?

Upvote 0
Not yet, because I bought it just recently. But I'm open for recommendations.
My Samsung tablet, I bought about six years ago, on St. Paddy's day, that was one of the most screwed up emotional holidays, I do celebrate, but I am happy with my tablet , I do have a finited keyboard that is blue tooth and I use it very often, works wonders! :)

Reactions: Cooper303
Upvote 0
No, I don't. For tasks that require using a proper keyboard and mouse, I'll just go to my laptop.

Thank you, Bearsyzf!
Welcome to the community, fellow newbie! It's always exciting to see new faces joining our ranks. Whether you're here to learn, seek advice, or simply connect with like-minded individuals, you've come to the right place. Don't hesitate to ask questions, share your thoughts, or engage in discussions. We're all here to support each other and grow together. Enjoy your journey and make the most of this wonderful community!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones