• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello from a Sanskrit scholar from India

Hello people. As a member of many forums (mostly technical related) around the internet, I find it a refreshingly nice practice of this forum to encourage people to say "hi" (with that cute high-five-ing Android logo [does he (or she) have a name?] too)!

I'm a Sanskrit scholar from India and the proud owner of a Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V since yesterday! Even though my profession is probably not exactly something people associate with Linux/programming, I am interested in both, and use Kubuntu Oneiric on my Sandy Bridge laptop from Lenovo! :)

I like to spend money on good technology that I will actually use and don't splurge on useless items or overly powered items at too much cost. I bought my SE Neo V after much thought (without offence to any other brands or enthusiasts thereof) and I'm sure the Android community here will be very nice and helpful and most of all patient with any (silly) questions that I as a newbie to the Android world might have! :)

Thank you all! And once more greetings from a Sanskrit scholar from India! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones