• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello from Grumpyman

First ever posting: 28th December 2011.

I am a disabled pensioner awaiting delivery of my first ever Android device: A "StorageOptions" Scroll essential 7" Tablet PC running Gingerbread.

I did my research and I know that I am buying a very cheap Chinese tablet clone but marketed in the UK through Storage solutions. I know that I won't be able to fully access the Android marketplace without first rooting the device.

I am a complete Newbie to Android and I don't particularly like the way that Google come to live with you once you start using their products.

However, for an ARM11 1.00Ghz processor and a dedicated full1080p HD graphics output allowing HDMI to a TV (Device res is 800 x480) for less than

Congrats on your new Android device and welcome to Android Forums. It seems we don't have a specific area of discussion for your tablet but you might want to check into the general tablet discussion area to find out a bit more about your tablet and perhaps some general tips and tricks. Here is a link to that area:
General Tablet Talk - Android Forums Best of luck

Upvote 0
Welcome! Android Forum is a friendly place for discussion, learning and help. We love to welcome new members who want to be a part of this community.

It's nice to have you aboard....Make sure to click the Phones or Tablets -Link in my signature - from there scroll down to your device model - You can then join your device's area of discussion - where other users will give you help on getting the most out of your device.

There are lots of Help, Hints, Tips & Tricks for all Android Devices. I hope you find Android Forum informative and useful! Happy Holidays! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones