• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello from Michigan! I need help with unrooting.....PLEASE!

bigtoe616

Lurker
Apr 25, 2012
Hey Folks!

I am new to the forum and in need a much help. I am new to the smart phone world and I am sure I will mess things up even more if I don't get some input.

I was wondering how one would go back to the original factory phone when it has all ready been rooted? I have tried unlockroot.com and Super One Click and neither of them worked. I have z4root installed. But there is no option for unrooting. It is the current version and still nothing. Any one have any ideas? Please let me know as soon as you can.

Ignorant Fool,
Jeremy

Phone Info: LG Optimus (LG-MS690) Android Version: 2.2.1 Provider: MetroPCS

Hello and welcome to these forums. You will want to check into the root area for your particular phone. The procedures differ from one device to another. You should find the information there to undo the root for your device and if not.. that will be the place to ask for the procedure. No knowing which phone you have... I'm leaving you a link to the list of phones areas here at Android Forums. Just open the list and give your device name a click. You will then be in the area for your phone. You will find at the top of that screen a link to the root area called All things root. Click on that and you will be in the area for the information you seek. Best of luck to you.
Android Phones - Android Forums

Reactions: bigtoe616
Upvote 0
Here is my phone info.
Phone Info: LG Optimus (LG-MS690) Android Version: 2.2.1 Provider: MetroPCS

A little more info.....
I rooted it, backed everything up in Titanium Back Up (Or I thought I did). It said everything was back up. When I went to restore everything it indicated there was no back up. So I figured I would be best off to start fresh from factory and re root. Any thoughts on that?

Upvote 0
If you backed up with Titanium Backup, make sure you restore Titanium Backup after you flash a new ROM and restore via there. It sounds like you are trying to find a Titanium Backup via Recovery, which will not work since those are only Nandroid backups.

Apologies if I am mistake, just another idea of something to get you going!

Upvote 0
If you backed up with Titanium Backup, make sure you restore Titanium Backup after you flash a new ROM and restore via there. It sounds like you are trying to find a Titanium Backup via Recovery, which will not work since those are only Nandroid backups.

Apologies if I am mistake, just another idea of something to get you going!

When I went to restore via Titanium Backup. It said it was backing up not restoring as if I had never backed it up. All though I did save the contents of my SD card. So I have that as well.

Upvote 0
Just to mention since I haven't seen anybody post it yet. But when you do a restore from titanium backup. Only restore user apps & data. Do not restore any system apps and or their data. It will cause conflicts.

Also it's recommended to change your recovery from cwm to Amon ra 2.3 cwm had been known to not always wipe correctly. Keep in mind though that any backup made with the cwm recovery will not be compatible with amon ra.

It may sound like a pain, but in the long run it'll be very much worth it.

Good luck, and welcome to the world of rooted phones

Sent from the Dark Side Of The Moon

Upvote 0
Just to mention since I haven't seen anybody post it yet. But when you do a restore from titanium backup. Only restore user apps & data. Do not restore any system apps and or their data. It will cause conflicts.

Also it's recommended to change your recovery from cwm to Amon ra 2.3 cwm had been known to not always wipe correctly. Keep in mind though that any backup made with the cwm recovery will not be compatible with amon ra.

It may sound like a pain, but in the long run it'll be very much worth it.

Good luck, and welcome to the world of rooted phones

Sent from the Dark Side Of The Moon

Thanks for the welcome everyone. So far I think I have my phone working fine with it being rooted at least. Flashing a new rom seems kinda hard or at least confusing. Any one have any suggestions on roms they like?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones