• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello - new to forums/drooid

I'm having a problem with my Motorola X. Can anyone help me? I removed the battery, replaced the SD card with more gigs and re-inserted the battery. Now the phone won't come on. I put it on the charger and it doesn't recognize the battery. I've carefully re-inserted the battery several times but no luck! I'd take it to the Verizon store and ask for help but it's 9 at night and I need my phone first thing in the morning.

Upvote 0
Hoping to find a friendly community to learn a bit more about my phone and share whatever experiences are helpful to others

Welcome! Glad you signed up!

I'm having a problem with my Motorola X. Can anyone help me? I removed the battery, replaced the SD card with more gigs and re-inserted the battery. Now the phone won't come on. I put it on the charger and it doesn't recognize the battery. I've carefully re-inserted the battery several times but no luck! I'd take it to the Verizon store and ask for help but it's 9 at night and I need my phone first thing in the morning.

Welcome! This sounds weird. Sounds like your phone is fried. You can ask in here: Motorola Droid X - Android Forums or just call verizon 800 922 0204 in the morning.

Upvote 0
Hoping to find a friendly community to learn a bit more about my phone and share whatever experiences are helpful to others

First off welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you picked a good place for that. by far the best site on the web for everything android! and i'm not saying that because i'm a guide. the atrix is a great phone and you can find other people with the atrix over here Motorola Atrix 4G - Android Forums

Upvote 0

I hope it's something minor like dirt on a contact, bent prong or a bad sd card. First thing I'd try is to remove the new SD card and see if that makes a difference. You might also try leaving the phone off the charger and no battery for a hour or so, in case there is a capacitive charge built up in the electronics.

Welcome to the forum and good luck.

We're mighty nice folks always ready to welcome other nice folks. Welcome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones