• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello World, Hello Android

chris0101

Jun 9, 2010
Canada
I was looking around at the various Android websites around. I came here after Googling a bit. I hope the following does not sound too incoherent.

I first heard of Android at the start of this year after I got hired as a university student co-op (sometimes known as an internship) for 4 months as a mobile apps developer. For the most part during my job, I worked as an iPhone developer developing apps for my employer. I liked it, but I've been turned off by Apple, so I began looking for alternatives and well, about 5 weeks later, I'm here.

Anyways, I've become more interested in becoming an Android developer (to put mostly free apps on the Market - I hope to get my first app on the Market before the summer is up) and am looking, I guess, for a community.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones