• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Scraping text from android app to desktop

acke__

Lurker
Jul 1, 2023
Hi everybody! I'm working on a project where I want to extract text from an android app to my desktop, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any libraries/similar projects that I could use. I've searched online but the projects/articles I found mainly seem to concern scraping web traffic to and from a phone, which isn't really what I'm after since the apps I'm looking at store data locally.

Another question I have is about the development of such a feature. Since I've never worked in the android environment I'm not quite sure about the terminology and such, but would using the accessibility features of the phone be a good approach to solving such a problem? I looked at the app "Universal Copy", which seems to have similar functionality to what I'm after and from what I understand that is built on accessibility features.

Thanks for reading :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones